| Note: This procedure is the same as the procedure for VMAW-09-100060 and only has to be completed one time. |
Review the AirWatch MDM Agent configuration settings and verify the Agent is configured to alert via the trusted channel to the MDM server for the following event: alert for failure to update an application.
On the AirWatch console complete the following procedure to ensure a Required Application List is created properly, and a conjunctive Compliance Policy is set to Alert the Administrator (will additionally create "Event" in AirWatch console "Event Log"). There are two parts to this verification: 1) to verify that a Required Applications List was created properly, and 2) to verify that a conjunctive compliance policy is established:
1. Log into the AirWatch MDM Administration console.
2. Choose "Apps and Books".
3. Choose "Application Settings".
4. Choose "App Groups".
5. Under "Name" column, click on appropriate App Group List. (Get a list of app groups from MDM Administrator.)
6. Verify on "List" tab that all organization required applications and versions are listed.
7. Choose "Cancel".
8. Choose "Devices".
9. Choose "Compliance Policies".
10. Choose "List View".
11. Under "Description" column, look for the policy with the description of "Application List".
12. Click on policy name.
13. On "Rules" tab, ensure boxes are selected for "Application List" and "Does Not Contain Required App(s)".
14. On "Actions" tab, ensure boxes are selected for "Notify", "Send Email to Administrator", and all organization assigned Administrators are listed in "To:" box. (Note: With this set, the MDM Server Audit Function will also now record the Event automatically)
If under the "List" tab all organization required applications and versions are not listed; or on the "Rules" tab boxes are not selected for "Application List" and "Does Not Contain Required App(s)"; or on the "Actions" tab boxes are not selected for "Notify", "Send Email to Administrator", and all organization assigned Administrators are listed in "To:" box, this is a finding.