| If the mobile device does not support removable media, this requirement is Not Applicable (NA). |
Review Samsung Android 8 with Knox configuration settings to determine if data in the mobile device's removable storage media is encrypted.
This validation procedure is performed on both the MDM Administration Console and the Samsung Android 8 with Knox device.
On the MDM console, do the following:
1. Ask the MDM Administrator to display the "Storage Encryption" setting in the "Android Security" rule.
2. Verify the "SD Card Encryption" setting is enabled.
On the Samsung Android 8 with Knox device, do the following:
1. Open the device settings.
2. Select "Lock screen and security".
3. Insert a MicroSD card into the device.
4. If the MicroSD card is not already encrypted, select "Encrypt SD card". Verify "The security policy restricts use of SD cards that are not encrypted" is displayed.
5. If the MicroSD card is encrypted, verify "Decrypt SD card" is displayed and cannot be selected.
If the specified encryption settings are not set to the appropriate values, this is a finding.