| Review Samsung Android 8 with Knox configuration settings to determine if the mobile device has been configured with a minimum password complexity. |
This validation procedure is performed on both the MDM Administration Console and the Samsung Android 8 with Knox device.
On the MDM console, do the following:
1. Ask the MDM Administrator to display the "Minimum Password Complexity" setting in the "Android Restrictions" rule.
2. Verify the setting is "Alphanumeric".
On the Samsung Android 8 with Knox device, do the following:
1. Open the device settings.
2. Select "Lock screen and security".
3. Select "Screen lock type".
4. Verify "Swipe", "Pattern", "PIN", and "None" are disabled (grayed out) and cannot be enabled.
If the MDM console "Minimum Password Complexity" is not configured to "Alphanumeric" or on the Samsung Android 8 with Knox device, the user can enable the setting, this is a finding.