| Review Motorola Android device configuration settings to determine if the mobile device is prohibiting passwords with more than two repeating or sequential characters. |
This validation procedure is performed on both the MDM Administration Console and the Android Pie device.
On the MDM console:
1. Open password requirements.
2. Open device password section.
3. Verify the password quality is set to "Complex".
On the Android Pie device:
1. Open Settings >> Security & location >> Screen lock.
2. Enter current password.
3. Tap on "Password".
4. Verify Password complexity requirements are listed: must contain at least one letter, one numeric digit, one special symbol.
If the MDM console device policy is set to a password with more than two repeating or sequential characters, or on the Android Pie device, the device policy is set to a password with more than two repeating or sequential characters, this is a finding.