| From the server perspective we do the following: |
- For UEM Hosted Apps we deliver configuration to the device regarding the required applications;
- The device calls back to UEM to get the application (APP_SEND security audit);
- The device acknowledges getting the application either successfully or not (APP_DELIVERED security audit).
The Administrator can create a compliance profile to Alert the user. Additionally, this compliance profile is monitored and an email is sent to the administrator if the device becomes non-compliant.
1. The administrator accesses "UEM" menu bar.
2. Select >> Policies and Profiles >> Compliance >> Compliance.
3. Click the "Add" icon
4. Type a name and description for the compliance profile.
(You can at this stage send a notification message to users when their devices become non-compliant, if required)
5. In the email sent when a violation is detected, select an email template. To see the default compliance email, click Settings >> General settings >> Email templates.
6. In the "Enforcement interval" drop-down list, select how often BlackBerry UEM checks for compliance.
7. Expand Device notification sent out when violation is detected and edit the message, if necessary.
Note: If you want to use variables (supports default and custom variables) to populate notifications with user, device, and compliance information, you can also define and use your own custom variables using the management console.
8. Click the tab for each device type in your organization.
9. Select the "Required app is not installed" checkbox for each profile setting.
10. Click "Add".
You then set up event notifications to alert administrators by email about a device that becomes non-compliant.
1. Log onto UEM >> menu bar >> Settings >> General settings >> Event notifications.
2. On "Event notifications" tab, click "Add" icon.
3. Select event type (Compliance breached).
4. Click "Next".
5. Date/time to send email notification drop-down list, select option >> Always after an event: Email notifications are when the event occurs >> click "Save".
6. In "Recipients" field, select "Add new distribution list".
7. Click "Save".
8. In the "email template" drop-down list, select the "email template for event notification".
9. In the "Status" drop-down list, select "On" to enable event notification.
10. Click "Preview email".
11. Check the email text to make sure it is correct.
12. Click "Save".