| Review the BlackBerry Device Service server configuration to determine whether there is administrative functionality to centrally manage the managed mobile device security policy rule to set the minimum MDM agent password length of eight or more characters. If this function is not present, this is a finding. |
The "Minimum Password Length" rule enforces a minimum number of characters for the device password.
IT policy rules can be specified per group or per user.
To add an IT policy to a group:
1. In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand Group.
2. Click Manage groups.
3. Click the name of the group.
4. Click Edit group.
5. Click the Policies tab.
6. In the IT policy list, select the IT policy.
7. Click Save all.
To add an IT policy to a user account:
1. In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User.
2. Click Manage users.
3. Search for a user account.
4. In the search results, select the check box for the user account.
5. In the Add to user configuration list, click Set IT policy.
6. In the IT policy drop-down list, select the IT policy.
7. Click Save.
For more details and information, please see the "Setting up device controls" section of the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 BlackBerry Device Service, Version: 6.2 Administration Guide.