| This check procedure is performed on both the iOS Over-the-Air management tool and the iOS device. |
Note: If an organization has multiple configuration profiles, then the check procedure must be performed on the relevant configuration profiles applicable to the scope of the review.
In the iOS Over-the-Air management tool, verify a passcode payload exists in the configuration profile.
For example, in Mobile Iron Admin Portal:
1. Ask the MDM administrator to display the "POLICIES & CONFIGS".
2. Click or tap on the word "Policies".
3. Click or tap the policy name.
4. Expand "Details" under "Policy Details".
5. Verify "Password" is set to "Mandatory".
Alternatively, verify the text "PayloadDisplayName Passcode" appears in the configuration profile (.mobileconfig file).
On the iOS device:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap "General".
3. Tap "Profiles".
4. Verify the password policy from the iOS Over-the-Air management tool is present.
If "Password" is set to "Optional" in the iOS Over-the-Air management tool, or if "PayloadDisplayName Passcode" does not appear in the configuration profile, or the password policy from the iOS Over-the-Air management tool is not present on the iOS device, this is a finding.